- Basic Principles
This Notice has been prepared pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (Act 709) to define what personal data (as defined in the Act) that Azbil Malaysia Sdn Bhd (hereinafter “we”) may collect, use or disclose and how we protect such personal data. We collect and use respect the privacy of personal data of customers, that is, names, addresses, phone numbers and other information that can serve to identify an individual. We respect the privacy of personal data and fully appreciate the necessity for appropriate protection and management of such information. We therefore endeavor to protect personal data, in accordance with the following principles:
- We comply with The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and the related laws and regulations and educate and train employees to handle personal information properly.
- We take due care when acquiring personal data.
- We take safety control measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, data destruction, data falsification, data leaks, and any other risks.
- We continue to work to protect personal information and we take measures for improvement.
- Customers’ Personal Information
- Unless otherwise notified when we collect customer’s personal information, it is not obligatory for customers to provide customer’s personal information.
- We do not provide or disclose customers’ personal information to any third party except when
- The individual in question gives his/her consent; or
- The law requires it; or
- The information is provided in such a way that it does not enable any individual to be identified.
- Please note that personal information provided by customers may be shared with azbil Group companies (https://www.azbil.com/group/company.html) for the purposes for which we collected such personal information.
- We undertake to preserve the accuracy of all personal information and to manage it in a safe manner.
- Moreover, if we share personal data with a third party or commission a third party to handle such personal data in accordance herewith, we will ensure that the party in question will manage the information in a similarly safe manner.
- How we use personal information
Except where stipulated otherwise, we make use of customers’ personal information solely for the following purposes:
- To send customers - by mail, e-mail, fax, telephone, or other means - information relating to us, its products and services. This may include company profiles, catalogs, and public relations publications.
- To send customers information about events that we have organized or is participating in, including shows and exhibitions, seminars, campaigns, questionnaires, and free offers.
- To conduct marketing activities and market research related to the conditions and environments in which our products and services are used.
- Customer’s Right
- request access to the personal data we collected;
- request correction of the personal data we collected;
- withdraw the consent to our use of personal data, in case of which we will return the personal data to the customer or destroy it from our database; and
- limit or restrict the use of customers’ personal data by us.
- Contact Information
Customers may contact us regarding our use of customers’ personal data by:
telephone: +603-79726106; or
facsimile to: +603-79724327
- Your consent